September 13, 2016 9:30am - 5:30pm
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
One Market, Spear Street Tower, 28th Fl.
San Francisco, CA 94105
The Japan Society of Northern California and The Board Director Training Institute of Japan (BDTI) are pleased to co-sponsor a one-day course providing “director training” for prospective members of Japanese public and private boards. This one-day intensive program, which is offered regularly by BDTI in Japan, teaches participants key legal and corporate governance knowledge needed to serve on, report to, or analyze boards in Japan. The course consists of lectures interspersed with time for interactive discussion and Q&A about real-life situations, and how to handle them. Everyone will have a chance to learn from each others’ experiences, as well as from BDTI. The course will cover topics such as:
- Introduction to corporate governance
- The role of directors and the board
- What is required of directors under the Company Law?
- Legal and liability issues, and how to handle them
- Director duties and conflict-of-interest situations
- Statutory auditors, internal control, and the audit process
- The role of the board in strategy and risk management
- Japan’s new corporate governance code
- Best practices, committees, and succession planning
- Changing “corporate governance culture” in organizations
Instructor: Nicholas Benes, Representative Director, BDTI; Chair of the Growth Strategy Task Force, American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ); proposer of Japan’s Corporate Governance Code.
Cost of the course: $875.00 (lunch box will be provided)
Method of Payment: Please make check payable to the “Japan Society of Northern California”
No refunds issued on/after Monday, August 29, 2016
Registration: Please register by accessing and completing the following form: registration form
Email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org .