Baseball Gallery at Sports Museum of Los Angeles features items from Babe Ruth and Dodgers visits to Japan
Saturday 10am - 5pm & Sunday 11am - 5pm
Sports Museum of Los Angeles
1900 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90007
The Sports Museum of Los Angeles (SMLA) includes a gallery devoted exclusively to visits to Japan by American baseball stars, including the legendary Babe Ruth and the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers.
The Japan gallery is a part of an exhibition that features the most spectacular collection of vintage baseball, Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers memorabilia and collectibles anywhere.
Key items in the Japan gallery include:
- Hideo Nomo Dodgers jersey
- Photos from 1934 Babe Ruth tour of Japan
- Kimono presented to Dodgers players during 1956 tour of Japan
- Photo gallery, posters, souvenir programs and gift bag from 1956 Dodgers tour of Japan
- Plaque presented during 1956 Dodgers tour of Japan honoring victims of Hiroshima bombing
- Kimono given to Sandy Koufax during 1966 Dodgers tour of Japan
- Classic menko Japanese baseball cards
Housed in 20,000 square feet, SMLA’s “Dodgers Collection” contains more than 25 galleries and thousands of prized pieces valued in the millions of dollars, all collected during a 30-year period by SMLA owner Gary Cypres.
$15 for adults
$12 for seniors 65 and over and students with ID
$9 for children ages 5-12
On-site parking is $8
For further information, visit www.sportsmuseumla.com or call 888-540-8223.